Friday, April 30, 2010

Being a stay at home mom

I absolutely love being a stay at home mom but there are so many things that I miss about being in the working world. Although I do technically "work" taking care of my kids I just cant help missing what I had before the little ones came into my life.

I miss having girl friends that I felt like I could tell almost anything to.

I miss them knowing what is going on in my life even though it might be something as small as where I went to lunch.

I miss having normal.....adult conversations with my friends at work. Its like all I do all day now is sing Yo Gabba Gabba songs all day long and change poopie diapers.

I miss my clients! I miss taking care of them. I miss forming friendships and letting them use me a "therapist" if they needed to.
I miss feeling like I was really good at something.

I miss having a wardrobe that I somewhat liked. I feel like all I do is wear p.j.'s all day long and when I do dress up I have the same old stinkin clothes!

I miss feeling ok about spending money on myself. I really think I have some kind of problem. I just cringe when I think of spending more than $20 on myself.....$20 sometimes even feels like too much.

I know that I am the most blessed girl in the world to be able to stay at home with my three wonderful kids! I love every minute of it....(most days). I know this is what I am supposed to do and I am thankful to everyone that has helped me along the way. I love seeing the kids grow and learn and interact with each other. I love their giggles and smiles that I am so lucky to see so much of. I love talking and laughing with Ethan...He is getting so big!


I LOVE being a stay at home mom but today I am missing my life in the other "real world".






3 comments:

*The Hales Family* said...

Can I just tell you that I MISS you working too? And I am glad you get to be with your babies...but I miss you!!!

Megan said...

You can call me anytime you need an adult to hang out with. I'd love to meet you for shopping, dinner, movie, or just hanging out anytime! I think we need to do something with the girls when our husbands have Guys Night... I mean come on, we need a night out too!! You're a great Mom, and your kids are so lucky to have all of your attention everyday!!

Shana Smith said...

Can I just tell you that I feel the EXACT same way! I miss doing hair in an actual SALON, I miss the friendships I had working, I miss getting all dolled up every day to go to work (why get ready now, now one sees me at home), I miss making money (not a lot but some) to help out, etc.. I feel your pain, it is hard work staying home, but I think its those unconditional hugs and kisses, and laughs, and giggles, that make being a stay-at-home-mom worth it. It really is so rewarding! We all just need to have play dates, and a reason to get ready and out the door!

Happy Halloween

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!