Monday, May 10, 2010

2010 Race for the CURE

I don't even know how many years we have been walking in this even but it has been a while. I actually think the first post of my blog was about one of the years we walked. I really love it. It always makes me really emotional. I just get so overwhelmed with all the people that come out to support a great cause.

This year was a bit more stressful than I had hoped for. The girls are just at that age that they really want to be walking around and if they are doing something that is not as they planned then they throw a fit! Ethan also has been on one lately. He just freaks out if he doesn't get what he wants and he gets really discouraged when he cant do something he is trying to do. I really don't know what is up with him lately.

We started out the morning a little behind schedule...Surprise surprise. So we just barley made it there to find our family and walk. We had many ... MANY breakdowns during the race. The girls wanted to walk the whole time and when we tried to pick them up the screamed bloody murder. Ethan randomly broke out into a frantic cry at least twice during the walk.

BUT hey lets look at the positive. We made it up there, we found our family, we walked the whole way and most importantly we supported an awesome cause.

Here is to you Grandma Yoshi and Bonnie!! You are both such an inspiration to me! Congrats on all the years that you have been a survivor of Breast Cancer. We love you so much!






No comments:

Happy Halloween

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!