Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My own DIY!!

Ethan needed some new storage for his soon to be room because there is no closet. I saw this cute small dresser drawers at Ikea and thought that I could do something with it....Here is what I did.....

Here is how I did it.....
This is a photo of the Ikea drawers before


I first painted the whole thing white. After it was all dry I cut out some NY Yankees symbols out of contact paper and arranged them on the front of the drawers. NOTE....make sure they are on really good or else the dark paint will bleed.


Then I painted over the contact paper with blue paint....2 coats.


After it dried completely I peeled off the contact paper. It did bleed a little bit which I touched up by hand with some white paint.


Done!!!!

2 comments:

*The Hales Family* said...

That is sooo cute Shan! And btw, use windex on a paper towel and it wipes up marker on skin like nobody's business. Colin draws on himself all the time, and we're actually awake, just not paying attention

Stacy Hunt said...

good job!

Happy Halloween

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!