Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!!


Well today is Valentines Day! I love the story of valentines day.....

One legend contends that Valentine was a priest who served during the third century in Rome. When Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men — his crop of potential soldiers. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine's actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.

(not the being put to death part but the secretly marrying part)

I love my husband so much and this day just reminds me how lucky I am to have him.

We went out for our Valentines day Date on Friday because we had a sitter.
Mike had it all planned out and I was not going to know any of it. It was a surprise.
First he took me to a really nice restaurant called Flemmings. Way yummy! Then we walked around the gateway and ended up at J. Brooks jewelry. He let me pick what ever i want.....within reason ;0)
I decided I wanted a right hand ring! I couldn't find a pic of the actual ring but this looks pretty similar....The one that I picked just has 3 rows of diamonds instead of 4 like this pic.....

 Then he took me to see Valentines Day!!
 
Way cute, a little corny but so much fun to see. I love having date nights with my Hubby. It just makes me fall in love with him all over again.
THANKS AGAIN MY LOVE!!!


No comments:

Happy Halloween

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!