Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Birthday!!

Well.......another year has past and now Im.....29?? Where does time go? In one year I will be 30?? How the heck did that happen?

I was so emotional on my birthday this year. There are just so many things that I am thankful for at this time in my life. What a ride the last 29 years have been.

I have been so blessed to have a great childhood. I love my parents so much and am so thankful for all of the lessons that I have learned and all of the wonderful memories I have from growing up. I love thinking about all of the trips that we took......playing by the stream at Fish lake, California : watching Jess get plowed over by a big wave and Graig picking on the characters at Disney Land. Bermuda with Ceci , riding mopeds, and looking at the beautiful ocean and Botanical gardens just to name a few.

I also cherish the memories with my sis. We used to sit in the window seat when it rained and cuddle up in blankets. I also remember playing school, being small enough to fit comfortably in the back of my closet with Jess, and sneaking a peek with jess at the presents on Christmas morning before waking our parents. I also have very fond memories of me and Jessica playing with our cousin Ashley. We always used to dress her and Jessica up and have photo shoots.

I hope I am able to be as good of a mom as mine was to me. I hope that my kids look back on their childhood with as much happiness as I have for mine.

I am now blessed to have my own beautiful family. I have a loving husband that I am so lucky to be able to spend all eternity with. He is so handsome and spiritual and has the biggest heart! He has blessed me with three beautiful children. I am so thankful for all of them. Ethan is going to be 3 in less than a month and I cant believe that time has gone so fast. He is such a little man. He makes me laugh every day and had such a sweet, kind heart. Our little girls came into our lives 10 months ago and have been such a blessing. We were so lucky to have beautiful 6 pound babies that were, for the most part, healthy. They both had trouble breathing and had to be on oxygen, Sophie longer than Emma. Sophie had to stay in the Nicu for a week after she was born, and even though it was so hard on us I looked around us and saw these little babies that were so tiny and I felt so blessed to have all that I do. They are now thriving and cant believe that we ever were worried about them gaining weight. They are in the 95th percentile for their weight! They are little movers now and keep me on my toes at all times.

We are blessed to own a home and have been working on the remodel for what seems like forever. Who knew it would be hard to remodel a whole home with three kids under 3 years old?? I am thankful for all of the help that we have received so far from family and friends in the process of remodeling. I just cant wait to see it all done!!

All of this is just a little tiny glimpse into everything I have to be thankful for on this birthday.
Here are some pics of my birthday dinner at my moms house. Thanks for cooking a wonderful meal and having it at your home mom. I love ya!

Blowing out the candles.....NO not 29 of them......we might have started a fire!


Ethan was just as excited to get Friends as I was. He watches it to go to sleep.


 
 

Thanks everyone for a GREAT Birthday!!

1 comment:

M3MU said...

You're amazing Shannon. :) I'm so very lucky to know you. Glad you had such a wonderful birthday, you deserved it. And you do NOT look 29. You look FABULOUS!

Happy Halloween

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!