Wednesday, August 4, 2010

6 years ago.....

I married my best friend! Yes it has been 6 awesome years. I am so blessed and happy to have Mike as my husband. He is so great to me. He loves me and never fails to tell me. He is such a great man. He is a wonderful father! He loves the kids so much and I cant wait to see their relationships grow even stronger as the years go by. I am so thankful for all that Mike does for me.

When anniversary time comes around I always like to do one thing......Watch my wedding video and remember all the little things that made our wedding day so wonderful. Here are just a few memories that come to mind right away....

I remember getting ready with my mom and brides maids. I was so nervous, not to marry Mike, but the fear of falling down the long set of stairs I had to walk down before I got to the isle.

I remember the very moment I turned and saw Mikes eyes and thought to myself "I am a lucky girl".

I remember looking into mikes eyes as the ceremony was going on and having a hard time focusing on what the Bishop was saying.

I remember how unbelievably hot it was and how our videographer wanted us to wander around outside forever to get some shots.

And most of all I remember how excited I was to spend the rest of my life with my best friend!


Over the years we have had so many memories and our Anniversary this year just adds on to them. Mike told me that we were going to be staying overnight somewhere on our anniversary and to pack a bag. His parents were going to stay the night at our house and watch the kids. It is also my Grandma Yoshis Birthday on our anniversary so before we went to our secret destination we stopped by to see her and wish her a happy birthday. From there we went to The Grand America Hotel and checked in. It was great because almost everyone knew it was our Anniversary. I guess that is just part of being a 5 star hotel.

After we checked in we went to Donavans Steak House.

It was wonderful. It was so nice to have some time to just talk without our lovely kids screaming in our ears. The food was delicious! I was on cloud nine!! And the only pic I took all night was on my iphone and it was a pic of my dessert.

YUMMMM

After that we went back to the hotel and hung out in the Lounge for a little while. It was so funny because there was NO on there and absolutely no music whatsoever. Weird. Finally the (old) bartender came out and turned on Shark week and turned up the volume for us. Me and mike had quite a laugh  with the whole situation. Our room was amazing. There was even music playing when we first came into the room. Just look at them......
Ok so I couldn't find a super picture but trust me they were beautiful.

In the morning Mike surprised me with a full 4 hours of treatments at the Grand Hotel Spa!! Yeah What a HUBBY!! We both got massages, manicures, pedicures, and facials! It was great. I felt so relaxed. It had been forever sense my last spa visit. And this spa was so beautiful!!!!
We checked out  and before we left the front desk gave us this.....
A bottle of Sparkling Pink Lemonade, and a gift certificate for $20 off our next stay. I loved that they were all so kind to us and even the Valet guy said " Happy Anniversary" before we left.


After checking out we went to see our little bugs who were at the Zoo with the Grandparents ...... It was fun to have a night away but I sure missed our little ones.....


Thanks for the wonderful Anniversary Babe! I love you so much and cant wait to see what the next year brings us!!







No comments:

Happy Halloween

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!