Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Preschool!

One week ago today my little boy started PRESCHOOL!!! What? He is old enough for that? I just can't believe he is getting so big! He has been SO ready to start school. He can already read.......write words.....and color in the lines so I don't know how much he will learn academically but he sure has enjoyed being with other kids his age. Our dear friend from high school has a cute little Preschool in her house and it is within walking distance of Mikes work.

We went to meet his teacher the week before he started school. We got there and she has a fun scavenger hunt set up. You got picture of somewhere in the house and had to find that place. Then you got another picture until the end one that was in the preschool room. They had a cookie and juice waiting for them. Miss Kim had all the kids say their name and something fun about themselves. All of the other kids were kind of shy and mainly had to have their moms help them. Ethan was last and when it was his turn he jumped up and rant to the middle of the room and said "My name is ETHAN MICHAEL JINKS, and I like to play basketball and I like monster trucks!" ( he really isn't a fan of monster trucks......some other kid just said it first. LOL) When it was time to leave he was upset that he didn't get to go to school that day!

 They made this chain with fun facts about themselves to take a link off every day until preschool started.
 This is his cute teacher Miss Kim and her son Boston!
 This is his classroom.
 This is the present he took for Miss Kim on his first day.........and the present that was waiting for him at the kitchen table.

 His bowl of cereal before school!

 I bribed him and said he could make a funny face if he did a nice smile for me after! LOL He got a New York Yankees backpack for his present!
Here is the cute smile one! :)


On the first day when Mike dropped him off he ran up to Miss Kim and gave her a big hug and said " I love you Miss Kim!"

He has already got mad at me for picking him up on time because he wanted to hear the story that she was reading while everyone got picked up.

He also pointed out a girl and said her name was Nadia and told me he loves her. 
oh boy

2 comments:

Laura Taylor said...

So adorable! I love that his best friend is Kaitlynn. I'll tell her that when she gets home from school.

Shana Smith said...

Oh soo cute! Ethan is one good looking kid... Preschool is so nice isnt it?!

Happy Halloween

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!