Thursday, January 14, 2010

Twins....Year in Review....

Well we made it......one year later we are still here and have safely made it through our first year with twins! In the beginning we had our doubts that we could do it but with the help of our family and friends and of coarse Heavenly Father we have been able to have so much fun having the girls in our lives.

Its hard to believe that just over a year ago I looked like this.........



I think back to what we were going through in my last month of being pregnant and it really makes me grateful for all that I have been given. I was put on bed rest in November and was sad to know that i wouldn't be going back to work. We had so many scares of preterm labor and a lot of time spent praying for the girls that they would arrive healthy and when they were supposed to.

On January 13th 2009 our beautiful little girls were born. Their entry into the world was a little rough but with the help of a wonderful hospital and nicu staff they were well taken care of.

 Emma Yoshiko Jinks and Sophie Miyake Jinks

Emma was able to come home with me but Sophie was in the nicu for a week. It was so hard to be away from Sophie so much that first week. It really made me and Mike stronger I think. We would talk about how hard it was but then when she came home we realized that some people have to have babies in the nicu for so much longer and we are really lucky.

The beginning consisted of a ton of feedings.....losts of kisses and cuddles and many.....MANY pictures.
The last year really has flown by. It has been such a whirlwind of fun and excitement for our family.

Because most of you who are reading this blog have kept up with me along the way with all of the milestones I guess this post will be about the recent "goings ons" of the girls.

I think that everyone is getting a little better at telling them apart. Sophie in the beginning was the chill one and Emma was crazy.....then after a while.... Sophie became the crazy one.....Now they both have their days.
Emma still has the little "pinch" in her ear and we are still able to see the swirls in their hair.

They are crawling all over the place and pulling themselves up onto furniture. They each have their own little personalities.

They have two bottom teeth and some breaking through on top. They love their big brother and have been eating table food for a while.......which is easier AND harder at the same time somehow. Much more messy!

I am so thankful for my little princesses. They bring so much joy to me every day! Thank you girls for EVERYTHING! I LOVE YOU!!

 
Yes these pics were taken today.....and NO its not summer. I purchased these dresses a long time ago and bought size 12 months.....they now pretty much wear 24 months so I thought I would take some pics before they grow out of them. And NO I cant take them back.....they are from Mervyns!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS!!
(birthday party is not till next week so more pics to come)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad for you. The first year is the hardest but it is so precious-I wish I had taken more time to enjoy my twins during their first year. I LOVE that your girls are so chubby:) It is so fun to have big healthy babies (except when it comes to buying clothes for them...)

*The Hales Family* said...

They are just so beautiful Shannon, I can't even stand it! I can't believe they are 1, it really does seem like 2 seconds ago that you were put in bed rest...and I've missed you everyday I work since then!!!

Happy Halloween

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!