Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rainbow Crayon's

I'm sure you mom's out there have seen this craft. I have wanted to do it for a while and finally had an afternoon that we needed a craft to keep us busy. It is basically using old crayons and baking them in muffin pans to make your own colored crayons. Here are how ours turned out....

First we took off all of the paper.










 An exact o knife helped speed things along.











Then we separated them by color.









Then we put them in the muffin tin in whatever color pattern your little heart desires! :)








Then we baked them. I think we did 240 degrees. But I found as long as you watched them it probably didn't matter what temp you bake them at. When they were melted I took them out and put them in the fridge until they were solid. Maybe like 20 or 30 minutes.




When they were ready they literally just popped right out.








Then the coloring fun began!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are SOOO doing that this week! What a fun idea! Thanks:)

Unknown said...

love it, I have always wanted to do that!

Stacy Hunt said...

I gave a crayon making machine to Hana for Christmas last year. Maybe you guys will eventually inherit it.

Happy Halloween

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!